It is pretty easy to find car parts using VIN at boodmo! Learn how?
Find car parts using VIN at boodmo.com
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is a unique seventeen digit code given to every automobile to make it differ from other vehicles. It was first used in the year 1954. Until 1981, there wasn’t any standard format for it and the manufacturers used their own format to differentiate vehicles. The Same year, the national traffic safety administration of the United States of America standardised the format. As per the new format, all the road vehicles need to have 17 characters, which should not include characters I, O, and Q to avoid confusion with the numbers 1 and 0.
What is a VIN?
It serves as a fingerprint of your vehicle which means no two vehicles can have the same number. These seventeen characters comprise the unique features of the vehicle, its specification and all the information about the manufacturer. It is like a DNA of the car that helps the retailers to know when and by whom the vehicle was manufactured, tell buyers about the history of the vehicle and mechanics to realise the trim it came with. Moreover, it helps collectors to know if it is a good deal and the people like us to find the exact spare parts for our cars. Most of the times it is used to track warranty claims, thefts, registrations, recalls and insurance coverage of your vehicles.
Where can you find the VIN?
When it comes to cars, there are a number of places where you can see your car's VIN.
- You can find the VIN on the dashboard towards the driver side. The easiest way to read it is come outside the car and look towards the driver’s side corner of the dashboard.
- If you are unable to find the VIN at the dashboard, then open the driver’s side door and look at the door post.
- If you could not find it inside the car, then look at the engine hood. It is engraved on the front of the engine.
- You may also find it on the frame of the vehicle as well.
- Open the hood and look close to the windshield washer fluid container.
- Also, you can check the vehicle registration or find it at the insurance policy.
Furthermore, you may also find it in the places such as under the rear wheel, the place where the spare tire is kept.
Is it a sensitive information?
The VIN is something that gives out the information about automobile itself and does not disclose any other sensitive information. The number is placed on the driver’s side of the dashboard which can be easily seen by anyone from outside, hence it is not a sensitive information. There are times when OEM spare parts dealerships ask you for VIN in order to find the original part for your car depending on the year of manufacturing and the model you have.
Find car parts using VIN at boodmo.com
Boodmo.com a product of Smart Parts Online Pvt Ltd serves as your spare parts expert. The company works with an aim to provide onlookers with exact part their car needs as quickly and concisely as possible. By providing this information, you can help us to do our job more accurately and faster. Without it, you may inadvertently slow down the process of correct identification of parts while getting your car repaired. Follow below steps to find parts using the VIN: It is pretty easy to find spare parts using the VIN. All you need is keep your VIN handy and register yourself at boodmo.com using some of your personal information. Once it is done you need to go to the homepage of the website. At the homepage, you will see the two tabs stating “By Car” and “By VIN”, click on “By VIN” tab. Choose the manufacturer or the automaker from the drop down list in the left panel of the ‘Home Page’ and enter your car’s VIN in the 2nd field. Following this, click on the ‘Search’ button to view the spare parts available for the particular brand and model.
More Related Articles: Why VIN is important for identification of spare parts?
- Know the difference in Genuine and OEM spare parts Find out the difference between OEM and Genuine au...
- Find car parts using VIN at boodmo.com It is pretty easy to find car parts using VIN at b...
- Overview of aftermarket product manufacturers in India The growing demand of substitute spare parts in in...