Know when and after how many kilometres you need to change the engine oil of you car.
How Often Engine Oil Change Needed
According to a formal survey most of drivers replied - within 3000, 5000 or 7500 kilometers or when the monitors displays the need for service.
Well! This is not the appropriate answer to our question. To bring yourself out from the inquisitive situation read this below article. Hope it may help you to find out what you are looking for.
It's very true that engine gets dirty and engine gets covered in sludge with time. But getting aware about how often the car oil may be changed is not as simple as we think. The oil change within every 5000 kilometers was necessary during 1970s. Because old cars used out-of-date engines lubricated at best by 10W-40 oils with lower rate of thinning the oil while warming and higher rate of thickening when it cools.
But today we are using high quality and tighter tolerance oils for lubricating better engines. In fact manufacturers suggest to change engine oil after 10000 to 15000 kilometers depending on age of engine. Check regularly, at least once a month, the oil probe. If you have any doubts about the density, colour or smell - go to a nearest workshop. After few trials you will understand and trust more your car and your ability to handle it. Pay attention to the volume of oil filled in. Don’t let it go down the LOW notch on the probe.
As per studies it is also stated that if you are using excessive oil then you are unnecessarily dumping the waste oil and bringing a pressure on the system and supply.
Please, change engine oil more often than recommended by car maker if your engine regularly suffers from extreme operating conditions like:
1. Stop and go action during peak hour traffic.
2. Taking short trips every day then leaving your car parked for sometime so that engine cools down.
3. Furious driving in the highway for a long period (this will result in making sludge in the engine due to the evaporated water).
4. Driving in very hot weather or in areas blowing lot of dirt, this will lead to faster wear and possible overheating of engine leading to faster degradation of oil.
Taking into account, that such conditions are typical for our country, it is worth changing oil with intervals 30% shorter than recommended by car manufacturers.
- Know the difference in Genuine and OEM spare parts Find out the difference between OEM and Genuine au...
- Find car parts using VIN at boodmo.com It is pretty easy to find car parts using VIN at b...
- Overview of aftermarket product manufacturers in India The growing demand of substitute spare parts in in...